Sunday, July 09, 2006


Here is my final post on little Snickerdoo, aka Snickerdoodle, Snicks, Snickers, bunny bun bun buns. The wee little thing died Sunday, June 25th; she was 5 years old. I miss the little rabbit. I waited to post something because I was too upset to think about her for the length of time it would take for me to write this. I'm glad I made my previous post on the bunny, just a month before she died. If you think I'm being silly over 'just a rabbit' I bought her at the pet store when she was just a baby, only a few weeks old and I've had her longer than the cats and dog. She was my first pet as an adult on my own. When I would visit Ryan on the weekends I would bring her with me to Seattle. Then she made the move from Vancouver to West Seattle and finally to Beacon Hill. She definitely had a personality shift since being given some freedom to roam in the yard, she really mellowed out. Although she had a luxurious pad in the other house this last home was definitely the best habitat for a rabbit, some might say the best rabbitat. Ha. Having a fenced backyard was a great change from the small front yard we had in West Seattle where she could only be if on a harness, which she hated, and watched over every second. I wish I had a close up of her face because the fur above her eyes turned really dark, almost black; it looked like she was constantly scowling. I didn't realize how much the color of their fur changes - they are constantly changing colors. She was a light brown when I got her, hence her name, Snickerdoodle. So, that is all for Snicks. Farewell, my sweet little bunny.

No comments: