Tuesday, June 19, 2007

bits and pieces

I've made two posts about dreams and I'll spare you more long drawn out dreams but will instead give you a long drawn out post with just snippets of dreams.

1. Ryan and I are vacationing/living in a bland condo in Mexico near the beach in a big city. Ryan found a shopping cart he really liked. The cart was like the new ones that have two small stacked baskets instead of one really big basket but it only had the bottom basket. He wheeled it around and took it home with us to the condo. Then Steph, the in house loan officer at my office, joined us at our condo. From there we departed to a fabled beach/cliff where gay men pushed their wives off cliffs because they wanted to be single. (Don't read anything into that).

2. Ryan and I are staying at a hotel downtown near the pier. We hear that there is going to be a street concert by Maroon 5 in front of the hotel so we scope out a good place in the hotel to view it from. Oddly enough we are the only one in the hotel who knows about it because it is just the two of us watching from a great perch. The lead singer sees me and walks over to me (whatever wall was holding up one side of the hotel is now gone because he walked right up to me from the outside while I'm clearly inside). Commentary: don't know where that one came from. I saw Maroon 5 do a set on a show during the American Idol finale a couple of weeks ago but that's it. I thought the lead singer was gangly and cocky and 'danced' funny. Eh.

3. This dream was part of the above dream but how is beyond me. Our laundry room - which was not at all like our laundry room at home- was over run by super cute furry little creatures that I called possums but were not possums. They were soft like a rabbit and the size of a big hamster. They were in all of the clean clothes in the dryer, in the dirty clothes on the floor (that part is like my laundry room at home. April = sloth). They were lounging all around the place. We just picked them up and tossed them out of the way.

4. Last night's dream took a turn for the dark side. I'll explain where it came from later. In my dream I witnessed a crime and was being threatened by the criminal to not testify against him in court. I don't remember what the crime was but apparently it was enough to put the criminal in prison. People were following me from home to work and it just kept replaying over and over again. In some versions nothing happened and in other versions they shot me. So I wake up because someone is shooting at me... seems like the natural thing to do to make the bad dreams go away but NO! I wake up and the dream continues. So I get out of bed, I have to get up anyone - you know to make my 3rd or 10th trip to the potty - and the *#&$(#@* dream continues. Oh, yeah. Where this dream came from: a couple of months ago some Bellevue detectives came to my office looking for a guy who was wanted for stealing cars - some sort of fugitive. Well, the detectives came back in a couple of weeks ago because he was back in the area and was supposedly hanging out with the guy who lives in the apartments above my office. So yesterday as I'm leaving the office I see the tenant in a car with a guy I think kind of looks like the guy the cops showed me a picture of several months before. So I jotted down the license plate information and go back in the office and found the cop's business card and called him. That's all. It probably wasn't the guy but since I thought that might be the guy I saw in a fuzzy picture 3 months ago I should probably call.

5. Who knows what tonight brings? I would much rather it be weird than scary.

Happy dreams!

No comments: