Wednesday, January 30, 2008

All Inclusive

Has anyone out there done the all inclusive resort vacation? We are looking for an easy way to vacation this Spring someplace warm where we can cart The Gavinator with us with minimal hassle. Thus far our sights are set on Mexico as it is close and airfare and travel time will be diminished.

I'm hoping to go someplace close to ruins so we can make at least a couple of trips away from the compound of disgusting indulgences (and by disgusting I mean delicious). I'm looking forward to a vacation while breastfeeding because I can go nuts with the guacamole and fear little retribution on the posterior (as in calories going straight to it).

We will need to have the G sleeping in something other than his swing by vacation time. I don't imagine trying to get him to sleep in his co-sleeper while on vacation would do much for our sanity. Not that I have much claim to sanity at this point. He did sleep from midnight to 4 am last night. That was a nice stretch of sleep.

OK, gotta cut this short. Gavin finally fell asleep which gives me time to catalog our Goodwill donations before I load them in the car. Ha. Before I wait for Ryan to come home and load them in the car.

Speaking, er writing, of the car... I had our car seat inspected today at Ikea since our local store sponsors the checks once a month. So glad I made the trek to Renton. We failed on three counts. The seat was not in the safest place (the middle - we couldn't get it snug enough there), it was attached incorrectly and we had the harness too low on his abdomen. I haven't told Ryan how wrong we were with the car seat yet. He isn't going to believe me.

4 comments:

Matt and Crina said...

Yes. Cancun. Loved it. LOVED all inclusive. It even included the free ride to and from the hotel to the airport. Included tips and trips. $2800 for both of us, 8 nights and airfare, honeymoon suite and honeymoon special dinner. Included a whole lot for the price. Loved the weather too! Lots of things to see, including the ruins of the Mayas, pyramids and towns, observatory and temples.

Matt and Crina said...

When are you planning to take vacation?

I am a little confused: did you have the car seat in the middle of the back seat, or did they say to put it in the middle? Do you have a car seat base?

apriljahns said...

Vacation sometime this Spring before the weather down south turns hellishly hot.
Car seat was behind the passenger on the right side. They told us to put it in the middle and yes we have a car seat base. The car seat just snaps into it and we can pull the car seat out and snap it into the stroller. It's very handy.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be able to find a great all-inclusive place in Mexico. I haven't been in years, but I remember we stayed at an all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta and my parents and I (this is way back in the day of highschool) really enjoyed the all-inclusive stuff...good food, activities, nice pool, etc... Mexico seems to be full of all-inclusive resorts! Enjoy looking for a place :) That can sometimes be half the fun of going on vacation.

Nicole