Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Well, well, well

A few things you should know about Gavin.

  • He is unbelievably cute.
  • He is more fun than a barrel of monkeys (I assume, I've never played with a barrel of monkeys). I'm certain he smells better than a barrel of monkeys.
  • He has an infectious laugh
  • He is a tough crowd - it takes a bit of effort to earn that infectious laugh
  • He is super affectionate
  • He loves books
  • He loves his mommy (that's me)! I'm so lucky!
  • He loves his daddy
  • He loves his green blanket square that some people would call a Lovey but our household is forbidden to call it such by a certain transportation engineer (I won't name names)
  • He loves books
  • He likes to poke at body parts he is learning the names of - cover your eyes and pray he finds his nose after he finds your teeth
  • He loves to snuggle and cuddle and to be held
  • He loves it when I'm in the room
  • He loves it when he is on my hip, in my arms or on my lap

Things Gavin does not like:

  • Me being in a room adjacent to where he is
  • Not being on my hip, in my arms or on my lap
  • Me running downstairs to throw a load in the washing machine
  • Me eating a meal
  • Me sneaking off for a potty break - really, what isn't better with a little toddler company?
  • Me washing dishes while he wants to read a "boo" (anytime of day, really)
  • Me doing anything that involves not being within arms reach

So to sum up the lists. Gavin is an adorable toddler who loves to have his beloved mommy read him books at his beck and call. If I leave the house - Ryan is home mind you - there is much weeping and gnashing of teeth. When I leave the house I hear him screaming, "Mommy! Where are you going? Why are you leaving me? Why? Why? Don't you love me? Come back!"

Ryan's response to all of this is (read this with a note of contempt a bit of cattiness), "Hmpf, it must be nice to be loved."

Well. Well, well, well.

This is where I say, "Bwa ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!"

The tides have turned!

Now I say (read this with a note of triumph a lot of cattiness), "Hmpf, it must be nice to be loved." as Gavin clings to Ryan's pant legs and wails for daddy to pick him up and follows him around saying, "boo".

Bwa ha ha ha!

It is so nice to have someone else be the sun, moon and stars for an hour or two every day. It gives me great, great pleasure to see how well attached Gavin is to his daddy.

1 comment:

Wilson Clan said...

Awww!!! Typically when I see Gavin, he's eating or sleeping, so I love to hear about this side of his personality! What a sweetie!