Friday, July 13, 2007

Bleeding Ears

Today is the first day of West Seattle Summer Fest, a.k.a. the West Seattle Street Fair. The festival is on the street right in front of my office. Food, vendors, dogs and children; merriment all around to be had. I ate a so-so beef brisket sandwich at lunch; the gyros looked much better but they had a line and I was short on time. Maybe I should go to the stands with the longest lines; they probably have the best food.

After I scarfed my sandwich 'o meat I waddled back to the office and climbed in my car to head home to let the dog out. I managed to get 15 minutes of sleep in. That was great but way too short. I awoke sleepy and grumpy (for giggles the dog destroyed my new lime green mechanical pencils that were still in their packaging that I bought on sale) and it was time to go finish the other half of my shift.

When I arrived back at work the 'entertainment' part of the Fest had begun. The north sound stage is a stone's throw from our office. Hm, a stone's throw. Maybe I could take the lead singer out. It's bad. Really bad. You could give a physics lesson on sound waves with this band they are so out of key. Coming back to work in a less than peppy mood only to be met with the horrible sounds of "Capping Day" - a band for whom I do not predict great things - has NOT helped my mood. It is like being subjected to American Idol auditions, live.

Ah, they just took a break. I'll go clean the blood out of my ears now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, you should bring some ear plugs to work; or maybe some better music and headphones. But you're probably not allowed. Does it last all week?

apriljahns said...

It was just a weekend gig so I only had to suffer for a few hours on Friday. To cancel out that noise I would have had to blare music from my computer or put on noise cancelling headphones - my office is really close to the stage.