Friday, July 11, 2008

Art Walk

Last night instead of studying our new book, The Life of Paul: To Die is Christ my Thursday night girlfriends went to the West Seattle Second Thursday Artwalk to support one of our own. Krissy was a featured artisan, displaying her beautiful jewelery at Keller Williams, my former stomping grounds.

Keller Williams really did have the best set up for the art walk out of the businesses that we went to. They have so much wall space that it is more like a gallery than the other stores that display local artists, some stores are so small that they just have a few token pieces. Besides, KW had music, catered food, two fabulous artists and of course, Krissy Maier, selling her handmade one of a kind pieces. You too can own an original Krissy Maier piece - check out her website (to be updated soon, I believe): www.orangeboxjewelry.com.

Yes, she is a friend so it only seems natural that I would promote her business but really, she is that good. My former boss bought 7 pieces of jewelery from her last night and had one cool necklace in her maybe pile.

Last night I bought the most beautiful necklace she has ever made. It's mine. All mine.




And since I am uploading pictures, here is one of me in my new glasses:


And here I sit at 11:32 on Friday morning. It has been 5 hours since Gavin woke up. He is 3 hours overdue for his morning nap. I hope this is just a fluke and not a new trend. If it is a new trend then I hope he will at least be kind enough to wake up at 7 and take a solid 3 hour nap in the afternoon, say from 12-3 or 11-2. He's half an hour late for the 11-2 nap time. Maybe he'll do 11:30-2:30.

No such luck. He is really enthralled with the OXO soup ladle I gave him a few minutes ago. So far as he's concerned it is the coolest new toy ever and I am the best mom ever for giving him said cool toy. It is part of a matching set, he already has the spoon with holes.

My luck changed. One second he's happily banging the big black plastic ladle with rubber handle on the floor and the next he arches his back and bonked his head. Oh, that sounds bad. It was not fortunate that he bonked his head... no, no. Not at all. After I consoled my sweet boy and kissed his sweet head he tugged on his ear and rubbed his eyes and rested his head on my shoulder. All signs pointed toward true baby fatigue so I laid him down and this time there was no howling, well, maybe 30 seconds worth, just sleeping. I peeked at the monitor when the screaming stopped because I figured he decide to entertain himself with his stuffed blue dog or by pulling himself up in the crib. Was I ever shocked when the monitor showed him lying down, sleeping. No standing, no crawling, no trying to bite the stuffed dog's ear off, just sweet, sweet, quiet sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are gorgous! Love that necklace on you, and the glasses, and haircut, what I can see from that picture!
Crina

Anonymous said...

Fabulous necklace, but you already knew that ; )
I'm so glad Gavin is sleeping a bit better, you've waited a long time for that!!

-Heidi