Thursday, October 23, 2008

Big Boy

Gavin's hair was getting quite long. I tried to trim it myself but the diagonal bang look didn't work on him; I don't think it works on many people. I was going to take him to a barber to trim his hair before his birthday but I am so glad it didn't work out. Well, it didn't work out with timing and I am too cheap even if timing wasn't an issue. I wasn't going to pay $14 for a baby hair cut. Really.

Monday I finally got around to his hair cut. Cut, Cuts and Kicks is a local barbershop up here on the Hill. I walk by it often on my way to the former Galaxie Espresso, now V3 (bought by Victrola coffee, so the coffee is the same) for a caffeine fix. I popped in and waited my turn. It was getting late in the afternoon and Gavin's mood was deteriorating by the second. He wanted to crawl on the floor in the hair trimmings. The barber swept up the hair shavings but when you are cutting hair its a losing battle so I tried to keep Gavin occupied with lots of monster noises while Mommy 'ate' his tummy (Gavin's, not the barber). The young boys were probably annoyed that they heard, "I'm gonna get you! Argh, rowr, yum, yum, yum," followed by shrieking baby laughter instead of the sports casters on ESPN. Sports casters are lame, anyway. Their jokes are lame and they talk to each other as if the entire viewing audience is in on their private jokes. NEWSFLASH: We aren't! We are watching the FOOTBALL game and don't care about the LAME Basketball jokes you are making!

So, it was finally Gavin's turn so I sat in the barber chair and held him. He was surprisingly still for having an electric razor whirring around his head. I told the barber that I didn't want him to have a big boy hair cut. He asked if I wanted him to take the sides in a little. I said, "Yeah. But just a little, though."

Apparently "Big boy haircut" is not an official hair style and I should have been a little more specific because my baby is now a little boy! Ryan keeps telling me that even though he looks older he doesn't act older. Men just don't understand.

Here he is, my baby:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute! I love it!

-Heidi

Anonymous said...

Galaxie...and Victrola Coffee thinks it looks great to.

Matt and Crina said...

G is absolutely adorable! The hair cut looks great on him, but the combination of the big blue eyes and the full mouth smile is priceless!!!

Crina

Unknown said...

Aww, so cute :) He does look like a little boy now and less like a baby! That's a great picture!

n