Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Check it out. Gavin and I made the front page of the Seattle Times this morning. No joke. Ryan got a phone call from Marc Ramirez, the reporter Times reporter telling him we were on the front page this morning so Ryan came into our room with Gavin saying, "Mommy and Gavin are on the front page of the Seattle Times," to wake me up. I heard him but thought, "How would he know if the article ran today, he hasn't even left the house. And what would we be doing on the front page?"

When I finally opened my eyes I asked him what all this nonsense about being on the front page was and how would he know, anyway?

I hopped out of bed and Gavin and I went to the store to buy the paper. Here is a link to the article (which has a link to the youtube video): http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

Just to be clear I told the reporter that Ryan had everything to do with the surveillance cameras and getting the video posted to youtube but he was only mentioned as my husband in the article. No name mention. Boo.

Other than that it was a great article. Check it out.

Oh, if you want to see the photo of me and Gavin you will have to buy a copy of the paper as it's not in the on-line article.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should take a picture of the paper so those of us who don't live around there can see it....otherwise i am going to be forced to think you are a liar

Anonymous said...

I just saw you and Gavin online-looks like they updated the site. But, my mom is saving the paper for me. Can I have an autograph? Well done April!

-heidi

apriljahns said...

Echo - you can find it on-line by searching Seattle Times... and may I ask your 'real' name? I clicked on your name to see your profile but its not available.