Monday, June 14, 2010

How 'Bout

I'm starting to think we say a couple of things a lot in our house based on what Gavin says.

When Theo is upset I say, "Oh, Honey," as I try to soothe him. Gavin says it to him as well but usually when he's trying to tickle him. He sees his brother being cute - because, hey, that's about all he does right now (aside from crying, screaming and pooping - and heck, even sometimes those are cute, too) - and Gavin comes up with his shoulders scrunched up, fingers outstretched, eyes squinty and says, "Oh, Honey (or "Oh, Bruva") and proceeds to tickle Theo.

It is insanely adorable.

Oh, and when I tell Gavin he is adorable he says, "Adobo."

Tonight at dinner he was telling us he had a fork and spoon in his hand. Only when he says 'fork' it doesn't sound at all like 'fork'. Think, no 'r' and a definite 'u' sound in there. The 'f' and 'k' are clear as day. 'Spoon' is 'foon' but that's not nearly as funny.

So... he says "fork and spoon." But it sounds like "f**k 'n foon".

Ryan and I snickered like Jr. High kids.

This afternoon Gavin was wanting to only eat the fruit salad I made the night before. Fearing some super messy diapers I put the kibosh on fruit noshing. "More fooht," he asked.

"How about carrots and hummus?" I responded.

"How 'bout... fooht?" he squeaked back at me.

We settled on some crackers.

1 comment:

Swell said...

Hahaha!!! I should be reading your posts while at work, I laughed out loud and was kind of embarrassed! But it was too funny, thanks for sharing :)

(I'm finally catching up on your posts - I forgot the government allows blogs now! YAY!!!)