Saturday, September 29, 2007

I don't care

I am so happy right now. It's not a hormonal fluctuation. I am at peace, I am calm. All is well with the world; the earth is no longer in danger of spinning off its axis and hurtling through space because Bill came out this morning.
Bill is a general contractor who can install the drywall, prime and texture the drywall, install the bathroom tile then hang the doors and as a bonus he can even find us a person to prime the entire basement (prime with paint, not the drywall primer).
Sure there are lots of people who can do the same things that Bill says he can do. BUT what sets Bill apart is that he can start next week and it will only take him 10 days to do all of the work. Even better is his rough estimate. Sure, his rough estimate could go up but it's low enough that I don't care.
Yes, we know that you shouldn't go with the lowest bid - we haven't had all of the bids come in yet but I know his will still be the lowest. Know what else I know?
I don't care that his bid is the going to be the lowest. I don't care if his work is probably not going to be that of a master craftsman. That is what texture on the walls is for. His mistakes will probably the same as Ryan and I would make. I can live with our mistakes and since he's cheap enough I can live with his mistakes.
Happy, happy, joy, joy!
I should probably wait until we get the official bid tonight or tomorrow before celebrating but like I've been saying, "I don't care!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Glad that Bill came to the rescue! Hope he does a great job, even with the low bid. Maybe if you feed him he'll work harder. Like in Romania...you would be responsible for ALL the meals the workers will partake in while working on your property. Even, and especially, the booze.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Well said.