Thursday, October 04, 2007

Dropping

I think Jr. dropped a bit yesterday. It doesn't mean a whole lot. First time mothers experience lightning or dropping days to weeks before the birth. I really hope it isn't a few days before birth. That would suck. The house isn't ready, we don't have a car seat or the bassinet yet.

Update on Bill who was going to do our basement. Your keen eyes picked up on "was", right?

It turns out that Ryan has a soccer buddy (a different one) who is a dry wall installer by day, soccer player by night and on the weekends he will pick up an odd job doing drywall here and there. Soccer buddy is going to install our drywall over a period of two weekends beginning this Friday. : ) That means I will have the house to myself during the week and it will be done before Bill could get it done!

Woo-hoo!

Ryan is going to lay the tile in the bathroom. Tile isn't that hard or complicated to do and Ryan has tiled the fireplace in our old house, the fireplace in our 'new' house, the entry way in the old house, the bathroom counter top in the old house and the kitchen in the new house. He's practically a pro. Soccer buddy has all of the equipment so that will save time and money for us, too. : )

If I could bend over better I would do the grout but I think that would not be so good for my back. As much of a pain as grouting and cleaning up after grouting can be I would still love to do it and be able to say, "I did that." I guess I can point to the baby and say, "I did that instead."


*******
Soccer Buddy and Co. started hanging drywall yesterday at 4:30pm and didn't stop until 11:00pm. They said they would be here again at 7:00am. At 7:00 this morning there was a faint knocking on our front door (he probably didn't want to wake me) - it was Soccer Buddy and Co.! On time!

I don't know if he could ever go into business for himself as a contractor. I mean, he showed up on-time, worked really hard late into the night then showed up again on the second day, on-time, and got straight to work. What's up with that? He's so not a contractor.


******
Yesterday was my last day of work! Woo-freakin'-hoo!!!


I wore jeans and left early (not by much) - that's the most I could rebel. The office had a lunch for me and the agents came to say goodbye. The agents gave me flowers and cards and gifts. I felt so loved and appreciated.


My first trip back to the office will be much sooner than I had anticipated. While doing laundry last night I pulled out the key to the supply closet out of my fleece jacket. Oopsies. I'll be going back next week again sometime as Ryan's birthday presents trickle in that I ordered from Amazon. (His birthday is Monday so some gifts will be late).

1 comment:

Swell said...

Yay for soccer buddy! Glad he was able to do this and that he's seems like a very good guy :)