Monday, October 15, 2007

Feeling

I have a feeling Jr. isn't far from making his world debut. Mostly feelings of odd cramps in places I've never felt cramps before. That and a few other unmentionable signs leads me to believe that it could happen any day now.

I was able to get into have my ultrasound this morning. Monster Jr. is not such a little monster anymore. He is now in the 66th percentile and is weighing in at 7.1 pounds, about a half a pound larger than average. That would put him at about 8.5 pounds if he came on time - a bit better than a 9 pound baby. The thing I was most concerned about was the amount of amniotic fluid - it's on the high end of the normal spectrum. Whew.

Really shocking was the hair the kid has! It was clearly visible on the ultrasound that he had hair on the back of his head that was waving around in the amniotic fluid. I was a bald baby. I'm sure Ryan was a bald baby.

Since the painters have started at our house I am not staying there until they are done and it airs out so I'm staying at my friend/midwife's house tonight. What better place is there to crash than your midwife's house? : )

I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yippee! Jermaine is coming, Jermaine is coming. Be well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome baby!!!!
crina

Unknown said...

Does Crina know something we don't? If so shame on her for telling. If not, you any closer?

Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, didn't mean to spoil the fun, I was just sooper dooper excited! I won't do it again, I promise.
c

Swell said...

I take it that Jermaine was born...hope all is well..

Nicole