Friday, October 12, 2007

Flakiness

Time is of the essence. Time, as we all know, is fleeting. We are hemorrhaging time right now.

Wednesday night I called four painters who could start painting right away to come out and give us bids. They were lined up for 9am, noon, 7:30 on Thursday and 2:00 today. After I scheduled them I went and scheduled my last ultrasound for next Wednesday. I passed up an early time on Thursday morning because Kenny the painter from Olympia was going to give be here; I also passed up an afternoon time today because Professional Painters were going to be here giving a bid.

It surprises me that no-shows continue to surprise me. Kenny didn't show or call yesterday morning. Brandon didn't show at 7:30 yesterday and when I called him he told me he lost all of my information. Rith did show up a few minutes late BUT he called first to tell me he was going to be a few minutes late. I appreciated his phone call.

Today I called to confirm to make sure the last company we scheduled would in fact be coming out as scheduled. The receptionist asked asked if I got her message earlier about their request to reschedule for Monday at 2:00. No. It was on my voicemail that I hadn't checked yet. They called 3 hours before the appointment. At least they called but they told me they couldn't start until the 22nd. Lame. I must not have been very clear about wanting work to start early next week when I scheduled the bid.

Just to make sure the first bid we got was fair I called a few more painters and got rough estimates before determining the first guy was giving us a reasonable price. Funny. All Rith had to do was show up to get the job (that and give us a fair rate with a guarantee to finish by Wednesday).

There are seemingly few things that need to be finished in the basement. Finish the mudding & taping of the drywall then adding texture. Priming and painting then carpet. That's it, right?

So here is the time frame we are looking at. Dry wall finished by Saturday, dries on Sunday, painting begins on Monday and is finished by Wednesday at the very latest. Carpet goes in on Thursday and Friday, Saturday the baby's room is cleared out and Sunday the baby's room is cleaned and put together.

Monday Monster Jr. is officially invited to make his grand entrance into the world.

We'll see.

3 comments:

Matt and Crina said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! ( a little slow at reading blogs )

Sounds like next week is going to be very busy, but it will be good to have all taken care of. When you are done decorating little Junior Jahns room, post a picture and let us see it ;-)

Good luck with all the house work.
Crina

Matt and Crina said...

I like your new blog face! Looks good!

apriljahns said...

I hope to have the baby's room assembled on Sunday and Monday. If I get around to taking a picture of it great. If I get around to posting a picture that will be a miracle. Heck, if any of this gets done on time it will be a miracle.