Sunday, October 14, 2007

One Day More!

To get the full effect of the title of the post you have to know the song from Les Miserables (I don't know if it is entitled One Day More or not but that phrase is repeated throughout the song). It is a song about revolution and how everything is going to change and as the song progresses it picks up in intensity.

There isn't much in the way of revolution going on in the Jahns household but painting of the basement begins tomorrow at 9am! That is worthy of celebration! And here is the real shocker: we may not have carpet ordered and ready to be installed by Thursday and I'm OK with it.

Let that sink in.

I'm not freaking out and the only reason I'm not freaking out is because Ryan promised me that all of the stuff I don't want in the baby's room, save the guest bed, can be stored in the laundry
room until the carpet is installed. Whew.

That means I can get the baby's room ready (I think I would like to move the twin bed upstairs and store the double bed in the laundry room as to make arranging the baby's room easier).

Church was great today. We visited the church plant for South Lake Union that is currently meeting on Capital Hill. It is super convenient for us. 10 minutes to church tops. It is quite an unconventional church. Once a month the service is a breakfast and people congregate around round tables by the neighborhood they live in. We sat with some friends who used to go to the parent church and who are also in my bible study. We were the only South Seattle residents in the West Seattle/South Seattle table, though.

We met some new people at our table and ran into some old friends (Ryan's old roommates from his college days and dating April days). After church we lingered and chatted with old and new friends. It was great.

The format, from what I gathered is such: breakfast one Sunday a month, 'regular' sermon twice a month and once a month there is no service but outreach ministries where the congregation goes out in small groups and serves the community.

The size was pretty small, I'd say there were less than 200 adults there total. There were lots of babies, toddlers and soon-to-be in the world babies (I looked the closest to popping). One woman scored major brownie points when she was said I looked, and I quote: "tiny" for being 9 months pregnant. Appearance all depends on the clothes. Some people tell me I look (and I quote): "huge" and comment: "are you sure there is only one in there?" or "did you calculate your due date right?". Hmpf.

I don't really mind the first time some asks if I calculated my due date correctly but I bristle when the response is, "Really?" or "Are you sure about that?"

Who is a better judge of my menstrual cycle? Me or the general public?

Don't worry, my male readership! Soon the gory details of pregnancy and the insults hurled at me by nature and by the real or imagined insults hurled at me by other people will soon be replaced by the gory details of newborn peeing and pooping and of the natural wonder that is breastfeeding.

Something for you to look forward to.

No comments: