Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Normal

Gavin just had his 2 month check up. His growth and strength are all normal, in the 50th & 60th percentiles. His sleep is not normal but not abnormal either. If he's still not sleeping well at 4 months then the Dr. said we should start giving him cereal at night to keep his tiny tummy full longer which will help him sleep.

I pray to the good Lord above that we don't have to resort to that because that means I will be seriously sleep deprived for 2 more months.

There is a church nearby my office (where I am right now) playing a Angels We Have Heard On High with bells. Those are some big bells because the church is almost 2 streets away and I can hear it through a brick wall. I wonder how many bells are in the bell tower.

It's hard to believe Christmas is just a few days away. This week used to be the longest week when I was a kid. Almost every night I would have a dream that it was Christmas and I would wake up in the morning all excited just to be disappointed that it was still 5 days away only to get excited again because we were one day closer to Christmas.

Christmas dinner with my extended family was so much fun. We would open presents at home in the morning with mom then go to Grandma & Grandpa's in the afternoon for a huge feast with all of my aunts and uncles and cousins and everyone who didn't have a place to go. My favorite foods to eat were black olives (somethings haven't changed) and fruit salad (made with whipped cream). When it was dark out the grandkids opened presents from all of the aunts and uncles and at some point in the evening we would go sit on the side walk and watch the boats with Christmas lights sail through the channel in the bay.

Now Christmases are a little more stressful. Alternating families and traveling across the great State of Washington to make sure we see everyone. This year we will go to Belfair on Saturday and drive back to Seattle on Sunday, host on Christmas Eve and go to the 'Couv on Christmas Day and back home the same day.

At least we will get to see everyone!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be safe on your travels and Merry Christmas.