Monday, March 03, 2008

Found


















Gavin 'found his voice' a couple of weeks ago. He started babbling and sputtering. It melts my heart. Within the last few days Gavin found that in addition to making sounds he can regulate the volume with which he expresses himself verbally. It pierces my ears.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have here a screamer. Screaming is a fun activity that can tell Mom and Dad, "I'm having a blast!" or, "Wow! My hands are fun to suck on!" or, "Wow! I have a cute Buddha belly!". Screaming also indicates, "I'm hungry." "Didn't I tell you I was hungry two seconds ago? Feed me! Feed me NOW." "I'm tired and not happy about it!"

He and Ryan are sleeping right now; I should go to bed now before it gets too late since Gavin has taken to not sleeping through the night again. It's no where near as bad as it was before we had our two weeks of 10 hours of sleep from the tyke. Now he 'only' wakes up somewhere between 2:30 and 4:30 and then again between 6:30 and 7:00. Fortunately he still likes to go back to sleep after eating but he does like to scream really, really loud before he succumbs to the sandman. I had no idea babies scream so much. It is insane!

By the way, a couple of weeks ago I posted about what I thought was a grammatically incorrect question on a Barnes and Noble book display that read, "Whom would you have coffee with?" I asked my friend Tyler who is a technical writer if that statement/question was indeed wrong. It is not incorrect although he did say grammar snobs (my words) would not choose to word it that way. So I'm a grammar snob who is very guilty of poor grammar herself. Would that make me a grammatical hypocrite or guilty of grammar hypocrisy?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Matt and Crina said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi April,
I just wanted to drop you a quick note indicating that we are reading your posts but not commenting because we often read them off line.

You sure have a cute lil' kid.

Hope that you are well!