Friday, March 14, 2008

Scary

Quick story.

Yesterday I was playing with Gavin in his exersaucer. I played with the attached toys with his hands hoping that he would start to play with them on his own because right now he will only play with his Sassy rattles that I put directly in front of him. He is only content to be in the exersaucer for 15 minutes before he melts down.

After showing him how to play with the toys and leaving him with his rattles I took the few remaining minutes I had to go and make myself some lunch.
I washed and sliced a Pink Lady apple (yum) and sliced some Parmesan cheese to go with the apple (double yum) when I heard the sound of one of the attached toys! It was the round clear plastic tumbler with colorful beads in it. Baby spins the tumbler and it makes one heck of a noise.

I was so excited to know that Gavin turned it with his hands all on his own whether or not it was intentional but the sound of the tumbling beads was immediately followed by a scream and cry.

Super Mom flew into action and ran into the living room to see what was the matter.

Nothing was the matter.

The sound of the beads scared the living daylights out of him. It was the saddest, cutest thing you could see. Fat tears were welling up in his big beautiful blue eyes then cascading down his equally fat cheeks. He raised his arms slightly when I came over for me to pick him up. It was so precious.

That's all. It was cute. He made a toy make noise then freaked out because it made noise.

Oh. I almost forgot! Gavin rolled over today. I almost missed it, too. He was laying on the floor squirming like babies do and next thing you know he pushed himself up and was suddenly on his back. I need to go put that in the baby book before I forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rolling over is exciting!!!

I remember when Baby did roll over for the first time, Daddy and Grandparents saw it. When Mommy saw Baby roll over, Mommy put baby to do it again, and again, and again, and again.... Ha, it is fun to see them roll over!
Crina

Swell said...

Hi April! Gilda says "HI" as well! Hopefully Gavin will get used to the noises that the toy makes so he can enjoy playing with it. Exciting about the Gavin-roll :)

Nicole