Friday, March 28, 2008

Snow to Sun

It's almost April and it was snowing in Seattle today. It didn't stick but to a few blades of grass, though. I'm sure school children were disappointed but I was relieved. If the snow sticks then I'm stuck at home since we live on a huge hill and it would be foolish of me to try and drive in the snow with a baby in the car when I don't have to be anywhere in particular.

I have been going to the gym 4 days a week and I've been enjoying it. Gasp. It is shocking, I know. Today I set my bike's workout program to Kilimanjaro and put it at level 3 instead of 2. I think they need to rename the Kilimanjaro workout to Mt. St. Helen's (pretty easy since the top was blown off and you can practically drive to the top).

After I do my half hour on the bike I do 150 crunches. I'm going to have to do crunches for a long, long, long time before any muscle is able to be felt through my layers of mommy belly. At least I will know there is muscle under the flabbiness. There wouldn't be so much flabbiness if I would alter my diet a bit.

Oh how I like me some food. Chocolate and anything with cheese. Not together. No chocolate covered cheese sticks, please. A dinner of cheese sticks followed by a Black Forest milkshake from Burgerville would be heavenly. We don't have Burgerville in Seattle. It's a shame but it is really best for me if they aren't within in easy driving distance.

The Tillamook cheese burger, the black forest shake, the Walla Walla Sweet Onion rings are all so, so, delicious and all so, so bad.

I think I'm hungry. This breastfeeding is a double edged sword. It helps you burn calories quickly but it also makes you really hungry. I'm at equilibrium right now. I eat a lot and burn a lot of calories via breastfeeding and the gym.

Oh, I can eat dairy again! Sweet, sweet dairy. Yum, yum, yum.

I am really looking forward to eating vanilla ice cream in Mexico. And guacamole but that hasn't been forbidden - I'm just looking forward to it. That and a mojito and a lime margarita or two. Mas mojito, por favor. Mas guacamole, por favor. Mas ice creamo, por favor. I hope the resort has a gym so I we don't have to buy an extra seat for me on the way home.

Alright. I am going to go forage in the kitchen for something to eat. There's no Tillamook cheese or black forest shake fixins in the house so I may just have an apple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also miss Burgerville! We didn't get a chance to go while we were away, but we did get a chance to get to Red Robin a few times. You forgot to mention the sweet potato fries they have in the fall, they're so yummy!

And Tillamook cheese...I'm a cheese freak, I love cheese more than any other food and it really hurts not having the best :)

Nicole

apriljahns said...

I've never had the sweet potato fries. I'll have to try them when I go down in the fall.
I had THE best brie today at my moms group.
One of these days I'll have to tell you about my cheese dream. Maybe I'll blog about it sometime.