Tuesday, April 08, 2008

IN

We are on vacation at an all inclusive resort. It's like a cruise but the alcohol is "free" and they don't try to sell you stuff every time you turn around and you are on land and there is less entertainment BUT the entertainment staff are just as annoying on a ship as on land.

An all inclusive resort is great for us because we don't have to think about anything and if we want a drink of anything other than water we don't have to have a cow over paying $10 for a silly foo-foo drink. However there are some people here who are determined to drink every pennies worth of their time here. Some people just do not appreciate their livers like they should.

The other half who are not liver lovers are skin haters. Why, oh why would you want to subject your skin to so much sun? Really. Do you think you look attractive 4 shades darker than your natural color? Do you not see the other people only 10 years older than you who have wrinkles and sun spots? Are you that dense?

I look around and see the Mexican people. They have lovely brown skin. They were born with it. Don't try to compete, white folk. Your pigment challenged selves are only hastening aging and skin cancer. Collective dumb asses. Dumb assi.

Then there are the people who embrace the drinking the excessive tanning AND the smoking. Well, they are going to have a ball when they have cirrhosis of the liver, skin cancer and lung cancer all while appearing 15 years older than they really are. But let's not forget that they are having fun right now.

Oh, I almost forgot about the food. Sure, it is all you can eat but you don't have to eat all you can. This one is the one that hits the closest to home for me although I have been really good.

I also have a cold and just lost my ability to taste food as of this morning. I've been eating lots of fruit in hopes of kicking this cold a little sooner than I would otherwise. So, having a cold on a vacation where food is every where isn't all bad. It really helps curb the appetite.

Gavin is having a blast. OK, not really. He is having as much fun here as he does at home. Well, he is getting more daddy time where I on the other hand are getting more time to myself. : )

He has been swimming three times now. Each time he seems to enjoy it more and more. We put him in his little swim diaper and green swimsuit that matches his green sunglasses and drop him in the pool. Just kidding. He hasn't cried once in the pool and lemme tell ya, he is oohed and ahhed over like no ones business. We can't go anywhere without drawing scads of attention because of his super duper cuteness. I believe the technical term is hyperacute cute syndrome. I believe the affliction lasts at least through toddler hood. If he is like his dad it will be a lifelong ailment only to be disturbed fashion trends in junior high and high school.

*****

I was going to add this to the bottom of my previous post but I ran out of time getting ready for vacation and laying the groundwork for the cold to take hold by not sleeping well....

So, after I wrote the last post about being a white girl and having maybe just a wee bit of hip hop I realized that while I was driving to a shopping center in West Seattle that, no, I am w-h-i-t-e.

This realization hit me as I was rockin' out to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Gimme Three Steps" in the car. I really like that song. Ryan, not so much. But then he doesn't seem to appreciate CCR, either. Sheesh. He doesn't like the Eagles or the Stones, either. Ugh. Unbelievable, I know!

Well, time to go tell Ryan that of the hour of Internet time I bought (not part of the all inclusive package) and the half hour I was supposed to use I used 57 minutes and counting. I'm thinking he is going to want to buy and hour for himself.

As for pictures of Gavin in the pool in all his cute glory - it will have to wait until we get home.

3 comments:

Matt and Crina said...

It sounds like you are having a blast in Mexico! The food, the people, the water, the sun..all sounds fantastic! Right now home is overcast with 54 F. Ok, I lied, it just started to pour. Well, can't wait to see pictures of His Cuteness! Ha! Green sunglasses and swim pants! That sounds cute!

Unknown said...

Good to hear you're having a good time. Hope the fun continues and it is pleasant non-sunburning weather for you.

Anonymous said...

Yay for vacations! Hope you have a blast and glad you won't be "one of those people" (who drink too much, eat too much and bake in the sun too much); but it's fun to look around and make fun of them :)

Can't wait for pictures!!!

Nicole