Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stairs

There is my foot all bandaged up. My first cast and not one signature. I was fortunate enough as a kid that I was either a) inactive enough that I didn't break a limb or b) graceful enough that I didn't break a limb. Ask me and I'll tell you the reason is b. You ask anyone else and they will tell you the answer is a.
Although I never had a desire for the pain that went along with a broken arm or leg I did want the cast and the attention that goes along with it when I was a kid. Now that I do have a cast I have a lame story to accompany it. No, I didn't lift a car off my baby to save him. No, I didn't fall out of a tree rescuing a kitten. Yes, I did have a bunion and a torn tendon from a couple of years ago when I sprained my ankle taking a light suitcase down some stairs while I was wearing sandals.
Today was a good day. I left the house for the first time since arriving home Wednesday afternoon. Before we left the house I read a comment on-line about the nice weather we had on Friday. I turned to Ryan who was sitting next to me on the couch and asked if it was true that Friday was a nice day. He confirmed it was indeed a sunny day. I think I need to put "open curtains" on the daily to-do list.
It was so nice to get out of the house! Fresh air and sunshine on my face! It was great. Going down the stairs was much easier than going up the stairs. The stairs leading up to our house don't have a hand rail on the right side so I scooted up the stairs on my butt like I did the other day on the basement stairs.
My mom is coming up tomorrow and part of me wants to plan something because I'm getting cabin fever but I know that I should stay put and rest. I don't know who is more excited about my mom coming up, me or Ryan.
I could really get used to this whole have someone take care of you deal. It's the best! (Minus that part about needing help because you are helpless).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you feeling?Hows your swelling? I fractured my foot last week and just got a hard cast Friday and it's much more comfortable and actually thinking about going out today if it stops raining! Well feel free to write back and vent,Dave.tippytop100@aol.com