Friday, April 25, 2008

Third Boob & Best Back Scratcher

Here is the bra story I promised and so much more...


Using crutches to walk with the added hindrance of not being able to even set my dominant foot (right one) down is kind of tricky especially for someone like me who is not exactly twinkle toes. It was about 5 am when I got out of bed Thursday to take some pain medicine and to eat breakfast. I managed to make it to the kitchen in one piece but now I had to fill my water bottle, take my pills and eat.

My lounging pajama bottoms don't have pockets which I don't completely understand. Some PJ's have pockets, why not lounging pants? It didn't matter since I discovered an old friend worked great as a pocket. Why, I was able to fit a small apple and two bottles of drugs into the middle of my bra. Wow! That freed up my hands to use my crutches while still allowing me to carry a bottle of water and a bag of Sunchips. Can't go wrong with Sunchips and an apple for breakfast.



I even managed to make a pot of coffee, too. It wasn't too difficult to do, either. It was so easy in fact that I think I'll make coffee again today; every other day isn't so bad. I make the pot and have Ryan bring the carafe to the living room with my mug.

The next time I run out of coffee I have to make a special trip to Wallingford (a cutesy neighborhood in Seattle) to buy some Litehouse coffee. Litehouse coffee deserves a whole post devoted solely to its wonderful goodness. My first fateful sip of the oh so smooth coffee was at Trophy Cupcakes which was very fitting to have the best cupcakes in Seattle served with the best coffee in Seattle, too. Unfortunately Litehouse roasters are based in Portland and there is only one place to buy their coffee in Seattle.

Right now I have a can each of whole bean regular and decaf from Trader Joe's. They were sampling their Bolivian blend when I was at the Burien store a few weeks ago with my friend Jenn (it was really good) but I couldn't remember the name of it so I called Jenn on Tuesday afternoon when I was at the uber cramped TJs on Madison because that is the stuff she buys. Fortunately she remembered. I'm going to take the Bolivian blend out to my mother's-in-laws house with me along with my grinder since they are not coffee drinkers themselves.

Wow. It's almost 4 am and Gavin hasn't been up since about 11. Way to go, little G! Let your Daddy sleep. I'm up because I needed to move my leg a bit. I want to take this darn cast off already. My leg itches and I can't do a darn thing about it.

I know I mentioned earlier that the drugs they gave me for the surgery made me itch. Well, that itching is nothing compared to the itching that oxycodone brings on. It is so bad that I am willing to take less effective drugs for pain.

Ryan is way too nice when he scratches my back for me so I had to take matters into my own hands. I got out the big gun: the pasta scoop. Oh, yeah. Now were talkin' 'bout some extreme scratching action going on. It has 12 prongs with a slightly rough surface - perfect for serious scratching.

Save the lectures on scratching for someone who cares because it is not possible for me to care even less than I do now. If the scratching of the itch feels good right now then that is what I'm going to do.

I've been writing on this particular post on and off all day. I am so loopy that I really hope this makes sense. I should have Ryan proof read it first but he might get a kick out of me misspelling a word or something. Wow. It is time to be done with this. I just looked down and there was a sentence that said something like: "fanks for doi tis.

4 comments:

Matt and Crina said...

I kinnda like the medicine you are on, you make me laugh with so much gusto, the dog wonders what is up with me! Thanks April!
Crina

Swell said...

Ha! Funny about the pasta back scratcher, what a good idea! You should market that. One day I hope to taste the coffee you like so much. I'm bringing some Hawaiian coffee and my French Press with me to Alaska, but the milk is so expensive, I don't know if I'll be using it much.

This may be a little inappropriate... but why were you wearing a bra at 5am? Do you sleep in a bra? Women on ATL sure like to use that space to store their cell phones! Have you seen that before in your neck of the woods? It's quite a sight...

Nicole

apriljahns said...

Nicole, you crack me up! Inappropriate question for me? I wear a bra 24 x 7 because I'm nursing. I'm at the point where I don't have to wear a bra at all times but if Gavin goes long enough without eating I will start to leak milk and eventually leave a milk trail everywhere I go through the house. Kind of funny, kind of gross.

Anonymous said...

I have seen a lot of women showing off their cell phones in between their boobs in Vegas. Actually, we saw one chick that both Matt and I turned our heads and laughed: her boobs were pushed up by her chin. About 4 sizes of bra to small, and boobs that looked like cabbages. Not good on a chubs chick. She could carry her cell phone and more....
Crina