Friday, September 05, 2008

Journey of Self Discovery

Does 10 1/2 months seem awfully early for a baby to discover his nostrils? I think so. It has only been a day or two and the little G thinks it is wonderful that God gave him such a great play thing right on his face! As much as I want to discourage nose picking it is pretty cute to see him with his finger pointing at his nose . Ryan really thinks its cute and is trying to catch him with his finger up his nose for a great picture.

***

We finally got a good nose pick shot in the train at SeaTac so now I've moved onto discouraging his nostril expeditions. How does, "Gavin, we don't pick our noses," sound? And I do say 'we' because he has taken in interest in Mommy and Daddy's noses as well. I imagine our noses are much better for exploration because his fingers are so little and our nostrils are cavernous compared to his but I don't care how mean he thinks I am, my nostrils are off limits.

Hopefully by discouraging it now we can avoid the really gross nosepicking when he gets older and has better fine motor skills. Wishful thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, boogers, Yumm! We know somebody else who nose picked too, and then licked it! Funny things babies do! They are cute though!

Crina

Anonymous said...

I remember the night that I was half asleep, rocking Isaac in his room, and suddenly I felt his little finger go straight into my right nostril. A direct hit. We've been working on not letting that happen again ever since... The boy has good aim.

Susanne