Monday, September 22, 2008

Not For the Faint of Heart

At this very moment I am on-line looking for a purse. I don't feel like going from store to store to find one. Ebags didn't have anything, Overstock had nothing, craigslist had nothing and freecycle had nothing. OK, they had purses but I'm looking for one I can wear across the body and one that is HUGE so I can carry one bag instead of a purse and a diaper bag. The diaper bag I use is a small backpack and its not exactly my style.

So why am I telling you about something as mundane as shopping for a purse? I'll tell you why. The results on e-bay were too many so I sorted them from priced lowest to highest. That wasn't helpful since there were a ton of little $0.99 coin purses. So I sorted high to low and was going to go that route.

Warning: If you have a bad heart (or you are a guy) STOP READING!!!

I saw a purse, a purse, a purse, a purse, a purse, a p-u-r-s-e that had the buy-it-now price of
$78,000.

FOR A PURSE!!!

You could buy a home in some parts of the country for that much money. You could feed an army for that much money. You could buy 78 overpriced at $1,000 purses for that much money. You could buy a couple of cars for that much money. You could (almost) add another story to your house for that much money. You could pay for 7.8 expensive $10,000 weddings for that much money. You could take the ultimate vacation (with your entire family and all of your friends) for that much money.

Maybe the person who buys the $78,000 purse would think my idea of an ultimate vacation for family and friends would be slummin' it.

Who buys a $78,000 purse? Really? Who?

Well, I'm not going to find my $30 or under purse if I keep writing and looking at $78,000 purses. At least they were cute. (Oh, yeah. There was more than one outrageously priced purse).

*****

I just logged on and showed Ryan the purse and I didn't put the right price down. The purse is not $78,000. It is $78,999. But what is an extra $999?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wonder what this purse looked like and what it was made of...maybe full of gold and diamonds.

Try REI - they always seem to have great purses like what you're looking for, but sometimes a bit pricey... Not as pricey as $78,000 though!

Good luck purse shopping!

Nicole

Matt and Crina said...

HA! I wonder whose name it had enscribed? Not even Britteny's name on a purse is worth $78k. That is ridiculuous!

How much does one have to bring as an income in order to invest that much in a purse.

Hey, instead of investing in retirement, invest in a purse!
Crina

Matt and Crina said...

Oh, yeah! Nicole is right! Try REI. My diaper bag is water proof in case of milk spill, if it gets punctured the material won't run, small size that fits what I need, fun colors, over the shoulder with a wide strap and it was $30! reioutlet.com!
That was a great suggestion!
Crina