Thursday, June 05, 2008

Demoted

I reached full weight bearing status on Monday! I had freedom to walk around! But with that freedom to walk about came pain. I called the podiatrist to see how much I could walk and if there should be any pain with walking. The person who was taking my message when I called asked me, in response to my question of how much I could walk, "How much walking are you going to do?" Me: "That's my question. How much can I walk?"

I waited for a call back but after 24 hours I called again. The nurse vaguely remembered something about me calling. They told me to come in to see the doc the next day and in the mean time I should be non-weight bearing. Of course they told me this while I was in my car on my way to pick out new glasses with a girlfriend.

There shouldn't be pain at this point when I walk and parts of my foot are numb is caused by the straps on the top of the boot being tight. When the straps are loose my foot feels better because here is less numbness and tingling but the straps are supposed to be tight when you walk in the boot. So the doc demoted me to half weight bearing which means I'm back on the crutches and using the scooter. Which means I'm confined to the house again during the day.

Hopefully he will have some better news for me when I see him next week because this is week six of the 4-6 week recovery period. I was fully expecting to be walking by now, and not in this huge boot. Boo-hoo for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry.

Nicole says, "aawwww that sucks."