Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He Done Did It

Saturday we went to a girlfriends house to celebrate her 30th birthday. It was baby central. There was a 14 month old, a 10 month old and Gavin (8 months). Then the birthday girl and a guest are pregnant and due only days apart. That left two couples without children. Gavin and the other baby, Augie, were having a grand old time doing the crawl, rocking back and forth and being the center of attention. Not even an hour after we got home Ryan and I were watching Gavin on hands and knees rocking back and forth when suddenly - he was just going forward. I said, "Ryan, is he crawling? He's crawling! Ryan! He's crawling!" Of course Ryan could see this with his own two eyes as he was right there. I'm glad we both got to see his first official crawl.

He's getting faster and faster with each passing day. We still have to baby proof the house. Now if I have to leave the room for a second I have to put him in the Pack 'n Play whereas before I just left knowing he would be in the same spot I left him in. Oh, there is so much to do!

Now that he's crawling we have to put carpet in his room. The floors are pine, a softwood, that have had 81 years of abuse and neglect. I don't think they can just be refinished, a lot of boards would need to be replaced because the grooves are so deep; that and the previous owner had a dog that wasn't so well house trained if you know what I mean. I hear stains on pine are near impossible to get out because the wood is so soft that the liquid really penetrates the fiber.
Ryan's step-dad has some cute carpet squares that he got from a church's nursery, they have bird houses and birds and butterflies on them that he is going to give to us.

Right now would be a great time to clean the house. Ryan's in bed and Gavin finally went to sleep so it's just me; even the dog is asleep. But now is also a great time to blog, besides, cleaning is noisy and it wouldn't be very nice of me to wake the boys.

Maybe tomorrow will be more productive. We'll see. If I count on a day to clean and do laundry then I can count on something going wrong (like a wonderful baby turning cranky and refusing naps) so I'm going to take tomorrow as it comes.

2 comments:

Swell said...

Go Gavin!

Matt and Crina said...

Good Job Gavin!!! Mommy, watch out, there is no stopping now ;-)
Go, Gavin, Go!! Mommy's got a crawler :-)

We thought our Baby wouldn't crawl out of our bed, but she saw Noelle go down off the edge of the bed head first, and she wanted to follow... The funny thing is now she wants to crawl when I change her diaper (poopy or not) ;-)

Gavin, again, good job!Pictures when you can, here I am again, asking for pictures. But then again, when are you going to visit this summer?

How is your foot? Can you walk/drive?

Crina