Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lunges

Gavin crawled this evening! He's been in the crawl position and rocking back and forth for a week or so now but today he got so worked up watching the dog that he lunged for her and actually moved forward. He didn't stop with the first lunge and continued, rock, rock, rock, lunge and he kept scooting forward. Ryan and I sat there in amazement and said, "He's crawling!"

Of course Gavin decided the best time to try out his new skills was in the middle of a diaper change. I usually manage to get the diaper off before he flips over onto his stomach. I take a number of kicks to the arms and legs as I clean him up. After he was cleaned up he rolled over and just took off after the dog. I was torn, let him crawl around and risk having him pee all over the area rug or put a diaper on and interrupt his first real crawl. I let him crawl.

No comments: