Monday, November 03, 2008

No More Nickel For Me

I had the last two screws taken out of my foot today! I am titanium and nickel free! The nickel is most likely what is causing the continued swelling and discomfort in my foot. Now we can get on with the healing process.

I would post pictures of my foot and the screws but they kind of look the same although one of the screws is a little bigger than the last one - and my foot is still kind of a mess and I don't think anyone would appreciate the bloody sight. Maybe if I had the procedure on Halloween I would have posted a gross picture.

This time the doc also gave me a cortisone shot going the length of my scar as it will help shrink it from the huge red worm like thing that it is now into a faded silver gray strip of a scar. I was feeling particularly brave today and watched him take the screws out. Freaky. Even though I could watch him use a screw driver on my foot I still couldn't watch him suturing the incisions; and I peeked when he gave me the cortisone shot but had to quickly look away even though my foot was numb.

I'm supposed to take it easy to today and Gavin has helped me tremendously with his 3+ hour nap! Mommy got a two hour nap! Glorious, glorious sleep! And I changed the sheets on the bed this morning before we went to my appointment so it was just any old nap; it was a nap in a cool clean bed. If I had the time and energy to do so I would change the linens every 3rd day. Every week will have to do. Or if I'm being honest, every 10 days.

1 comment:

Swell said...

Yay, you can travel without setting off the metal detector now :) Hope the healing process goes fast!