Sunday, November 09, 2008

Walking

After church on the long walk from the armory to the parking lot Gavin walked between me and Ryan one chubby hand clutching one of his daddy's fingers and the other chubby hand clutching one his mommy's fingers. His smile seemed to grow wider with each stomp of his cute feet clad in laced up blue sneakers. Ryan and I smiled wide, too; proud of our little toddler toddling along. I turned to Ryan and said, "Who knew just walking to the car with our son could be so much fun?"

Really. Walking to the car was a blast. Some other things I've done that come close to as much fun as we had today:

- flying 300 feet over canyons and tree tops in Mexico on a zip line
- riding a bike at night on the crazy streets of Paris in a caravan of 30 other bicyclists
- touring the Vatican with Ryan
- playing with sting rays in the Grand Caymans
- eating the best ever spaghetti ragu with Ryan while watching the sun set on the Mediterranean in a town of Cinque Terra
- getting lost with Ryan in Venice (it so much fun to be anywhere Ryan-my-brain-is-a-map-Jahns can get lost)

That's all I wanted to write about. Being a parent is so much fun. I imagine that the fun will continue even as he gets older and more adventurous - even when he is a teenager. Hopefully the fun won't revolve around Gavin walking, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing your baby accomplish something momentous is the greatest joy in a parent's heart!

You do very well describing the moment like I was a person watching you from across the street at the time! Makes me smile to even immagine in my brain the beautiful picture described: two loving parents and a happy G.!

Crina