Wednesday, May 07, 2008

News Flash

Ryan gave notice at his job last week; his last day of work will be next Friday. After that he is striking out on his own so if you know of anyone who needs a highly skilled senior transportation engineer with a bunch of letters behind his name and title then lemme know.

He is really excited about this next chapter in his career and I'm excited for him. He had lots of experience managing projects in his soon to be former office but he did not forsee his future with the company taking him to the places that he wants to go (mainly up).

Until he procures his own business he is going to do contract work for a friend in the field who is swamped with work so we aren't going to go hungry anytime soon.

That is the big news in the Jahns household.

Now for the minor news portion of this blog...

I'm going back home this weekend. I've been staying at with my in-laws who have been taking great care of me. I just miss Ryan. I don't want to just see him on the weekends. The plan is for me to rent a knee scooter so I can get around the house. If I need to carry Gavin I will put him in the ergo carrier that I'm going to get this weekend (my mother's day gift).

By the way, if you know of any soon-to-be mom's out there who are looking at baby carriers and they are considering the Baby Bjorn - tell them to skip it and get the Ergo instead. Everyone I've talked to says the Baby Bjorn hurts their back and I've been told it is not very comfortable for the baby, either.

The podiatrist told me I can put 10-20 pounds of pressure on my right foot right now - just enough to keep your balance when standing. I can do that for the next two weeks then I can increase the weight to 10 pounds a day and start to move my ankle a whopping 20 degrees up and down. Ooh, I'm going to wear myself out with all of that exercise.

I'm looking forward to going to the gym with Ryan when I get home. I can still do crunches and I can start lifting weights. The good doc even said I can use the lifecycle if I use no resistance and keep my boot on.

The really exciting news, almost as exciting as Ryan quitting his job is that I can now get my foot wet in the shower/tub! Woo-hoo! Who knew having a clean right foot could feel so good!

3 comments:

Swell said...

Wow, that's quite exciting news! Will you still be able to keep the health insurance through Cobra?

Oh, how I remember the showering with my foot swollen and not being able to put weight on it... It's one of the hardest thing ever to get into the shower without putting weight on your foot! Almost impossible if you are going in a tub, unless you sit on the edge and just rotate your body... Anyways, you're making me think about those bad days. But I was lucky enough only to have it last a few days (about a dozen times though).

Swell :)

Heidi said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and will be back home soon! I've heard good things about the Ergo too- Sarah carried Ashen around in it, and he's a big boy!
We'll miss you tonight.

-Heidi

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the foot and the job.

Exciting to be able to stand and to be able to strike out on one's own.